Foam board is a kind of polymer material formed by a large number of gas micropores dispersed in solid plastic. It has the characteristics of light weight, heat insulation, sound absorption, shock absorption, etc., and its dielectric properties are better than that of matrix resin, so it is widely used.
Foam boards can be divided into soft, rigid and semi-rigid foams in between according to their flexibility. Rigid foams can be used as thermal insulation materials and sound insulation materials, insulation materials for pipes and containers, and floating materials. And shock-absorbing packaging materials, etc.; soft foam is mainly used as cushion material, foam artificial leather, etc.
Advantages of foam board:
1. The bulk density is very low, which can reduce the packaging weight and reduce the transportation cost;
2. It has excellent absorption of shock and vibration energy, which can greatly reduce the damage of products when used for buffering and shock-proof packaging;
3. It has strong adaptability to changes in temperature and humidity, and can meet the requirements of general packaging conditions;
4. Low water absorption, low hygroscopicity, good chemical stability, will not corrode the contents, and have strong resistance to acids, alkalis and other chemicals;
5. Low thermal conductivity, can be used for thermal insulation packaging, such as ice cream cups, fast food containers and thermal insulation fish boxes.